Hun Sen Wants Abhisit to Swear that His Whole Family Would Die in a Plane Crash if Siam Claims that It Does Not Encroach on Khmer Territory – Tuesday, 9.2.2010
The Mirror, Vol. 14, No. 651
“The Cambodian Prime Minister, Mr. Hun Sen, wants the Siamese [Thai] Prime Minister, Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva, to swear that his whole family would die in a plane crash if it is true that Siamese [Thai] troops are not invading Khmer territory. This he said in an angry speech, made during his trip to visit the Cambodian troops stationed at the Khmer Ta Moan Thom temple.
“Wearing a military uniform and Five-Star-General insignia during the three days of visiting troops and army commanders at the border region, yesterday, on 8 February 2010, Mr. Hun Sen did not show a smile like during the first day because of wrong publications in the Siamese press and [Thai Prime Minister] Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva’s irritating remarks.
“At 8:15 a.m. on 8 February 2010, nine helicopters, including one of Mr. Hun Sen and his wife, landed in an area close to the Ta Moan temple to visit troops of Battalion 422 and Brigade 42. During that visit, Siam [Thailand] immediately set up a satellite system to capture the activities and the speech of Prime Minister Hun Sen.
“Mr. Hun Sen stated, using [rough] military words, as he always did when he previously criticized an English language newspaper in Siam, The Nation, ‘If you are stupid, do not be journalists that provide wrong information about this visit.’
“Relating to the Siamese troops stationed at the Keo Sekha Kiri Svarak Pagoda, Mr. Hun Sen stated, ‘As long as you do not withdraw, I still call you ‘invading troops.’ – Mr. Hun Sen severely blasted Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva, saying, ‘Though you are criticized like that [like Prim Minister Hun Sen did criticize the Thai Prime Minister before], you do not agree to leave your office. My Five-Star-General insignia were given to me by the King, but not by the Thai King… I blasted you like this, whether it hurts or not – if you responded, I will add more… I would like to send a message to the Thai people that there was never any time where the Thai society was as fractioned as it is in your, Abhisit Vijjajiva’s, era, and the foreign relations are so bad… You used the yellow-shirt demonstrators to help to make a coup [in September 2006. Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva became prime minister much later, in December 2008] and to control the airports…[Bangkok airports were occupied by demonstrators in November 2008]. I ordered the Council of Ministers as well as the Quick Response Team to record my speech properly and to translate it into English.’
“Mr. Hun Sen added his doubt whether Abhisit Vijjajiva would dare to swear that his whole family would die in a plane crash if he would deny that Siamese troops are invading Cambodia. Hun Sen said also that he is not only a militant, but also a creator of militants. He went on to say, ‘I hold the ID 00002, and not fake rank insignia, I would like to tell Abhisit Vijjajiva… you are stupid…You do not have family roots [a despising expression]… Does it disturb your head if I would wear a military uniform for my whole life?… Any clothes I wear, it should not disturb Abhisit Vijjajiva’s head… I wear the Five-Star-General insignia that the King gave me, not the ‘chicken egg-yolk stars’ of Abhisit Vijjajiva. It is not the first time that Hun Sen wears a military uniform. According to my biography, I am originally a militant. Please know Hun Sen well… It has been in 20 speeches that I did not attack you in response to what you said, but you always attack me. Therefore, I will attack you back. If tomorrow you attack me again, I will respond.’
“Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva became the prime minister after big demonstrations held by yellow-shirt demonstrators [supporters], whose color is like the color of chicken egg-yolk. Mr. Hun Sen’s words imply that his Five-Stars-General insignia are not from chicken egg-yolks, which simply means to say that the prime minister position of Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva is the result of the yellow-shirt demonstrators, with the color symbol like chicken egg-yolk.
“A high ranking official of the Sam Rainsy Party, Mr. Thach Setha, commented on Mr. Hun Sen’s speech, saying, ‘It is the personality and attitude of our Prime Minister that he frequently uses to attack his enemies. Thus, we are not surprised with his reaction.’
“A day ahead of Prime Minister Hun Sen’s visit to the border region, there was also a war of words between Phnom Penh and Bangkok, where Siam declared that if Mr. Hun Sen intended to visit the 4.6 square kilometer [contested] area, he must discuss it with Thailand. But officials of the Cambodian government responded that the area is located in Khmer territory, and it is not necessary to discuss it with Siam to visit this area. Anyway, according to published images and to broadcasts of his activities in the local press and in television, Mr. Hun Sen seems not to have appeared inside of the 4.6 [contested] square kilometers.
“But an official of the Council of Ministers had been quoted by a foreign newspaper as saying that for Sunday, it was planned that Mr. Hun Sen would to visit some parts of the 4.6 square kilometer area.
“Based on previous speeches by Mr. Hun Sen and by government officials, Cambodia will not allow even one millimeter of the territory to get lost. But yesterday, Mr. Hun Sen stated repeatedly that Siamese troops encroach on Khmer territory, and he asked Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva whether he dares to swear that his family would die in a plane crash, if it were true what he claims: that Siamese troops do not invade Cambodian territory.” Khmer Machas Srok, Vol.4, #601, 9.2.2010
Newspapers Appearing on the Newsstand:
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
Deum Ampil, Vol.4, #409, 9.2.2010
- The Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen Is Pleased with the Metfone Mobile Telephone System [owned by the Vietnamese military, as it provides good services nationwide compared with other telephone companies. He said that for security reasons, all the military division and brigades must be equipped with Metfone cable networks so as to prevent any leaking of secret or confidential military plans, because the Metfone cable network uses underground cables, while other companies use microwave links for long distance connections]
- Vietnam Intends to Invest in the Stock Exchange, in Agriculture, and in Rural Development in Cambodia [according to a meeting between the president of the National Assembly of Cambodia and a delegation of Vietnamese companies]
Kampuchea Thmey, Vol.9, #2172, 9.2.2010
- Samdech Hun Sen: I Wear Military Uniform and It Should Not Disturb [Thai prime minister] Abhisit Vijjajiva’s Head [reacting against Mr. Abhisit’s remarks saying that Mr. Hun Sen wears a military uniform during the visit at the Thai border for a political purpose]
Khmer Machas Srok, Vol.4, #601, 9.2.2010
- Hun Sen Wants Abhisit to Swear that His Whole Family Would Die in a Plane Crash if Siam Claims that It Does Not Encroach on Khmer Territory
Koh Santepheap, Vol.43, #6879, 9.2.2010
- Twenty Vietnamese Families Come to Hire Khmer Land to Raise Shrimps [and the local authorities do not care about them, especially about the immigration law; Kompong Trach, Kampot]
Moneaksekar Khmer, Vol.4, #601, 9.2.2010
- The Suppression on Drug Abuse and Smuggling in Poipet Is Not Effective [as these activities continue]
Phnom Penh Post [Khmer Edition], Vol.1, #106, 9.2.2010
- There Is Food Provided for [more than 100] Street Children [by the Children’s Kitchen, a center that offers breakfast to orphans and poor children – Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh]
- Cambodia Plans to Deliver Female Elephants to South Korea [for breeding – it is estimated that Cambodia still has 500 to 600 elephants roaming free]
Rasmei Kampuchea, Vol.18, #5121, 9.2.2010
- Samdech Dekchor Hun Sen: As Long As Thailand Does Not Withdraw from the Keo Sekha Kiri Svarak Pagoda, I Still Call You an Invader of Cambodia
- The State Lacks Money for Investments while the Banks Have an Ample Amount of Money Remaining [each year the government lacks about US$190 million for public investments while private banks have about US$900 million remaining; the Minister of Economy and Commerce suggested that if those private banks would offer money for investments, it would greatly contribute to development]
- While Watching Television in Their Home, a Man Was Shot Dead and Another One Was Injured by an Unknown Attacker [Svay Rieng]
Have a look at the last editorial – you can access it directly from the main page of the Mirror.
And please recommend us also to your colleagues and friends.