Thaksin Shinawatra and Chavalit Yongchaiyudh Come Together to Receive the Thai Spy Today – Monday 14.12.2009
The Mirror, Vol. 13, No. 643
“Phnom Penh: The Thai former prime minister, Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra, and the Puea Thai Party president, Mr. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, will come together to receive the Thai spy Siwarak Chothipong at the Prey Sar Prison today [13 December 2009]. This is according to a high ranking official of the Royal Government.
“This official said that the information about the arrival of Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra will be hidden to some extent. But Mr. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh arrived at Cambodia since yesterday morning on 13 December 2009.
“The spokesperson of the Royal Government, Mr. Khieu Kanharith, spoke to Kampuchea Thmey, as saying that Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra will really come to Cambodia to receive the Thai spy who will be released on Monday. But Mr. Khieu Kanharith did not specify the actual date, but just said that Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra will arrive on 12 or 13 December 2009. As soon as Mr. Thaksin arrives at Cambodia, he will go to meet the Thai spy in the Prey Sar Prison, to visit him with his mother.
“Mr. Khieu Kanharith added that after Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra has met the Thai man, he will meet with Samdech Dekchor Hun Sen on Monday. Then he will meet economists at the Ministry of Economy and Finance like before.
“Mr. Khieu Kanharith stressed the arrival of Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra is not a secret, because he already became an important official of Cambodia. As an economic advisor, Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra might do some work abroad to contact with investors to come to invest in Cambodia.
“As for the Thai government of Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva, after receiving the information about Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra, that he comes to visit Cambodia again, he is seeking to send a diplomatic note again, asking Cambodia to extradite Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra, according to AFP.
“Mr. Abhisit Vijjajiva told this news agency that even though the previous request for extradition was rejected by the Cambodian government, his government will not give up sending a request again.
“A high raking official of Cambodia said that what we decided previously is not different from now, because Cambodia does not like twisting words like the Thai government. Thus, Cambodia will not care about any requests of the Thai government to extradite Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra.
“Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra said on the Internet by Twitter on Saturday that he plans to visit three countries in Asia. He said the visit to those countries would take seven to eight days. But he did not specify those countries’ names.
“According to a high ranking official of the Council of Ministers, when Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra arrives, he will go to meet the Thai spy at the Prey Sar Prison at 4:30 p.m. on 13 December 2009, and that spy will be released from prison on 14 December 2009.
“The official added that the president of the Puea Thai Party, Mr. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, will accompany Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra. According to the official, Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra and Mr. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh expressed their appreciation towards the head of the Cambodian government, especially King Norodom Sihamoni, who pardoned the Thai national.” Kampuchea Thmey, Vol.8, #2123, 13-14.12.2009
Newspapers Appearing on the Newsstand:
Monday, 14 December 2009
Deum Ampil, Vol.3, #361, 13-14.12.2009
- Two Cooks Were Attacked [in two separate cases]; One Was Shot Dead and the Other One Was Stabbed into One of His Eyes [perpetrators are not yet identified – Phnom Penh]
- Three People Died and Two Were Seriously Injured, in a Traffic Accident on National Road 5 [two cars cashed into each other – Phnom Penh]
- The Ministry of Women’s Affairs Celebrated the National Day against Human Trafficking on 12 December
Kampuchea Thmey, Vol.8, #2123, 13-14.12.2009
- Thaksin Shinawatra and Chavalit Come to Receive the Thai Spy Today
- An Official of the Ministry of Interior: The Sam Rainsy Party Can Visit, but Cannot Remove Border Markers [in Svay Rieng]
- [The Minister of Foreign Affairs] Mr. Hor Namhong: This Year Cambodia Can Cultivate Much Paddy Rice, but there Is a Lack of Milling Machines to Mill Paddy Rice for Export
Khmer Machas Srok, Vol.3, #554, 13-14.12.2009
- The Sam Rainsy Party Continues to Seek Thumbprints from Citizens for Asking the King to Deliver Immunity to Mr. Sam Rainsy [his immunity was suspended for removing border markers]
Koh Santepheap, Vol.42, #6830, 14.12.2009
- The Court: Sam Rainsy and His Accomplices, Are Accused of Removing the Cambodian-Vietnam Temporary Border Markers, and Inciting [racial] Discrimination [Svay Rieng]
Phnom Penh Post [Khmer Edition], Vol.1, #66, 14.12.2009
- The Thai Spy Will Be Released This Morning under the Presidency of Mr. Hun Sen and Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra
- Police Arrested 968 Demonstrators in Copenhagen [among 30,000, for throwing bricks and breaking windows during demonstrations about global climate change – Denmark]
Rasmei Kampuchea, Vol.17, #5072, 13-14.12.2009
- [Thai Prime Minister] Abhisit Vijjajiva Welcomes to Release [of the Thai engineer], but the Thai Opposition Party [Puea Thai Party], Asked Him and [the Minister of Foreign Affairs] Kasit Piromya to Thank [Prime Minister], Hun Sen
- An Agricultural Official: In 2009 and 2010, Cambodia Will Have More Than Three Million Tonnes of Paddy Rice [compared to last year, there were also about three million tonnes]
Sereypheap Thmey, Vol.17, #1832, 14.12.2009
- The FBI Report on the Grenade Attack on 30 March 1997 Was Released [it was quoted from The Cambodia Daily – 9/10/11 December 2009 – as saying, ‘Investigators believed in 1997 that they had uncovered evidence to implicate security forces loyal to the Cambodian People’s Party in the grenade attack on an opposition rally in Phnom Penh that year, which killed at least 16 people.’]
Have a look at the last editorial – you can access it directly from the main page of the Mirror.
And please recommend us also to your colleagues and friends.