Cambodia Signed Two Investment Projects Worth US$60 Million during the Inauguration of the China-ASEAN Expo – Wednesday, 21.10.2009
The Mirror, Vol. 13, No. 635
“Nanning: The 6th China-ASEAN Expo – CAEXPO [第六届中国—东盟博览会 – 20–24.10.2009, in Nanning, in the Province of Guangxi – 广西省南宁市 – China] started officially on Tuesday, 20 October 2009, under the presidency of Chinese Deputy Prime Minister, Mr. Li Keqiang [李克强 – Pinyin: Lǐ Kèqíang], the Laotian Prime Minister representing the ASEAN countries, and the Secretary General of ASEAN [Dr. Surin Pitsuwan]. On the inauguration day of the trade exhibition, Cambodia signed two investment projects worth US$60 million.
“The first investment project is for mineral exploration, with investments amounting to US$50 million, and the second project is for tourism, worth US$10 million. This is according to Undersecretary of State of the Ministry of Tourism, Mr. Pak Sokhom, who informed journalists during the exhibition in Nanning, China.
“The 6th China-ASEAN trade exhibition is held for 5 days and started on Tuesday morning [20.10.2009] with the presence of the representative of the host country, the Chinese Deputy Prime Minister, Mr. Li Keqiang, the Laotian Prime Minister – the head of the event organizer for ASEAN, the ASEAN Secretary General, and representatives from all ASEAN countries.
“At the exhibition stalls of Cambodia, there were – beside many agricultural products displayed such as rice, corn, soy beans, and fruit – also jewelries, made from precious gems, displayed at many stalls, furniture, handicrafts, and information about investment projects of many companies in Cambodia.
“The Undersecretary of State of the Ministry of Tourism, Mr. Pak Sokhom, said that this year, Cambodia has 80 stalls at the exhibition, with 46 private companies from Cambodia participating, and a delegation of 246 officials from the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Tourism, the Ministry of Industry, the Ministry of Culture, and the Ministry of Agriculture. He added that Cambodia chose a topic for the China-ASEAN Expo this year: The Sihanoukville Port Is a Charming Port. It is written so as to focus on encouraging investment in the Special Economic Zone development project in Sihanoukville. The plan and posters of the Special Economic Zone development project in Sihanoukville are displayed at the entry of the exhibition hall for Cambodia, attracting many visitors.
“On Wednesday evening [21.10.2009], a conference about the Special Economic Zone development project in Sihanoukville will be held for foreign investors, including those not from from China or from ASEAN countries. There are other foreign investors from America, Australia, France, Japan, and Korea.” Rasmei Kampuchea, Vol.17, #5026, 21.10.2009
Newspapers Appearing on the Newsstand:
Wednesday, 21 October 2009
Kampuchea Thmey, Vol.8, #2077, 21.10.2009
- Nuth Sa An: The New Demonstration Law Will Punish Members of the Authorities that Side with Demonstrators
- The Prime Minister Will Leave to Attend the ASEAN Summit on 23 October 2009 [in Thailand]
Khmer Machas Srok, Vol.3, #513, 21.10.2009
- [The president of the Sam Rainsy Party] Mr. Sam Rainsy Shows His Position to Cooperate with the Government to Prevent Demonstrations in Cambodia [as demonstration are the last choice for people, he suggested to the ruling party to cooperate with the SRP to seek solutions before demonstrations are held – if solutions are found, people do not need to demonstrate]
Koh Santepheap, Vol.42, #6784, 21.10.2009
- In the Last 20 Years Cambodia Has Encountered 12 Floods, Killing 1,125 People and Wasting More Than US$300 Million, and Drought Five Times, Wasting US$140 Million [according to the Minister of Environment, Mr. Mok Mareth]
- The Authorities Confiscated Two Boats Loaded with Luxury Wood [in Kratie and Stung Treng]
Phnom Penh Post [Khmer edition], Vol.1, #30, 21.10.2009
- [The Minister of Economy and Finance] Mr. Keat Chhon: The Declining Cambodian Economy Will Grow Again by 2.1% this Year [to 5% based on agricultural output]
- The World Health Organization Will Provide A/H1N1 Flu Vaccines to Cambodia [WHO plans to distribute 60 million doses of A/H1N1 vaccines to developing countries in November 2009]
- The Authorities Build 3,000 Meters of Steps to the Preah Vihear Temple [to be built alongside the ancient stone steps]
Rasmei Kampuchea, Vol.17, #5026, 21.10.2009
- The Royal Government Expects that the South Korean President Will Bring Complete Support for Cambodia [during his visit on 22 October 2009]
- Siamese [Thai] Soldiers Shot Dead Another Khmer Citizen Who Cut Trees at the [Khmer-Thai] Border
- Cambodia Signed Two Investment Projects [mineral exploring and tourism investments] Worth US$60 Million during the Inauguration of the 6th China-ASEAN Expo – CAEXPO [第六届中国—东盟博览会 – 20–24.10.2009, in Nanning, in the Province of Guangxi – 广西省南宁市 – China]
- China Called for Closer Cooperation between China and ASEAN ［source]
- The Cambodian [in Battambang, Mr. Van Thy] Can Design Drying Machines for Agricultural Product on His Own [after he having studied agriculture in Vietnam]
- Thai Former Prime Minister Chavalit, Who Joined the [Puea Thai] Party Supporting [the Thai ousted prime minister] Thaksin Shinawatra Will Visit Cambodia and Meet with Samdech Dekchor Hun Sen [privately] before the ASEAN Summit [later, REUTERS reported “Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen has offered to host his ‘eternal friend,’ fugitive former Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra, at any time, state television reported on Wednesday]
Have a look at the last editorial – you can access it directly from the main page of the Mirror.
And please recommend us also to your colleagues and friends.