The Kandal Provincial Governor Was Blamed by the Prime Minister for Being Lazy in Constructing Roads – Friday, 31.7.2009
The Mirror, Vol. 13, No. 623
“Phnom Penh: The prime minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, Samdech Akkak Moha Senapadei Dekchor Hun Sen, used serious words on 31 July 2009 at a closing conference to sum up the task of the Ministry of Tourism, and Samdech warned the Kandal provincial governor Chhun Sirun over his negligence, not repairing roads and the river bank in Kandal.
“Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen said, ‘Since a long time, the riverbank was not repaired, but just now when the water rises, they get started. Now the water broke some parts of the riverbank, and I almost want to hit the Kandal provincial governor one day. After I phoned him and gave an order, the work started – if I had not phoned, nothing would happen.’
“Besides such serious warnings towards the Kandal Governor Chhun Sirun, Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen praised the Battambang governor, Mr. Prach Chan, who has frequently asked for funds to improve and repair many public recreational places and parks.
“Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen also repeated his previous recommendation to look at the roads. Samdech explained, ‘When I say again to look at the roads, that means: first, there must not be illegal check-points along the roads, and second, if the road is damaged, it must be repaired.
“His warning is not only aimed at the Kandal provincial governor, Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen encouraged also other governors in Cambodia to be highly responsible in repairing roads in their respective regions, and they should build more recreational places without waiting for the prime minister to shout and give orders before they take any initiative.
“Moreover, Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen instructed again all authorities on all levels not to sell any pre-schools or children’s playgrounds for whatever other purpose, they should be kept as state property.”Deum Ampil, Vol.3, #250, 31.7.2009
Newspapers Appearing on the Newsstand:
Friday, 31 July 2009
Deum Ampil, Vol.3, #250, 31.7.2009
- The Kandal Provincial Governor Was Blamed by the Prime Minister for Being Lazy in Constructing Roads
- The Wife of Major General Vong Von and Her Supporters Went to Hit the Second Wife of Her Husband at Her House, and the Second Wife Was Seriously Injured [there is no information about any action against the violent perpetrators – Phnom Penh]
- The Committee for Free and Fair Elections Reports: More than 400,000 Eligible Voters Failed to Vote in 2008
- The Prime Minister Orders the Authorities to Check Foreigners Whose Visas Are Expired
- The Cambodian and American Chambers of Commerce Will Start to Cooperate for the Development of Energy in the Greater Mekong Basin
Kampuchea Thmey, Vol.8, #2010, 31.7.2009
- The Cambodian and Siamese [Thai] Ministers of Foreign Affairs Prepare to Discuss Border Issues [on 3 and 4 August 2009]
- The National Election Committee Does Not Understand the Comfrel Report
- The Minister of Health Orders to Close All Unlicensed Clinics
Khmer Amatak, Vol.10, #631, 31.7.2009
- Many Well-Known Dignitaries, Businesspeople, and Officials Earn Their Doctorate Degrees at the Chamroen University of Poly-Technology [most students of this university are government officials]
From the Website of the Chamroen University of Poly-Technology:
“Providing higher education to a growing number of qualified people who are eager to increase their knowledge in the future, CUP University is an established university of Cambodia. It was founded to complement the Royal Government in making this education available.
On 6 September 2007, CUP conferred the Degree of Honorary Doctor in Philosophy in Political Science upon Samdech Heng Samrin, President of the National Assembly and an Honorary Doctoral Degree in Public Policy and Management upon H.E. Sok An, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister in Charge of the Office of the Council of Ministers.”
Koh Santepheap, Vol.42, #6716, 31.7.2009
- The Spreading of the Provision of Sexual Services [to tourists] Affects Tourism Sites and Khmer Women Honor Is Lost [Siem Reap]
- Anti-Tank Mines Exploded at Two Places, Killing One Person, Injuring Two, and Destroying a Tractor and Homebuilt Small Agricultural Truck [Battambang]
Rasmei Kampuchea, Vol.17, #4960, 31.7.2009
- The Minister of Health: We Have Deployed Health Officials at Hospitals and at Health Centers to Respond to the A/H1N1 Threat
- A Woman Was Raped by Her Father and Brother – Police Has Already Arrested the Father [Battambang]
Have a look at the last editorial – you can access it directly from the main page of the Mirror.
And please recommend us also to your colleagues and friends.